Commencement is a joyous celebration. It is a ceremony where you walk across the stage and acknowledge the successful completion of your undergraduate career. To participate in the College Ten commencement ceremony and be listed in the print program, you must register for the ceremony on our College Ten Commencement website
. Registration usually opens in early February. This registration form is also where you can indicate your interest in participating in the multilingual welcome at the opening of the College Nine Commencement Ceremony.
Eligibility for Commencement: College Ten students who have earned 150 units at the end of the Winter 2017 term and plan to complete all coursework and requirements and graduate by the end of Fall 2017 are eligible to participate in our June 2017 ceremony.
Students who do not meet this criteria and feel that there are extenuating circumstances that would merit an exception to the eligbility criteria to walk in the ceremony, may appeal to the provost. Appeals to walk in the ceremony are due no later than April 28, 2016. An appeal should include a written justification lettter, a plan signed by your major adviser explaining how you will complete your major requirements, and any supporting documentation if applicable. Appeals may be submitted to email@example.com. Appeals will be reviewed by the College Ten provost. Please consult a College Ten Adviser if you have any questions about the appeal process.
Applying for Official Graduation: Please be advised that applying for official graduation is a separate process that occurs through your student portal. Students should verify their degree completion requirements by doing the following:
- Check in with your major adviser to make sure you have fulfilled your major requirements
- Check your Academic Advisement Report in your MyUCSC Student Portal
- Verify that you have satisfied (or will satisfy) the following:
- All University Requirements (including American History and Institutions).
- All General Education Requirements.
- The College Ten Core Course Requirement (this is waived for transfer students).
- Completion of at least 179.5 credits.
- No more than 25% of your UCSC credits taken for Pass/No Pass.
- Minimum 2.0 UC GPA (cumulative).
- 35 of the last 45 credits taken at UCSC.
Please view the Office of The Registrar website for more information on degree requirements. Meet with a College Ten Adviser if you have questions about your requirements or eligibility. Please refer to our Advising Hours Calendar for drop-in hours. Appointments may be scheduled by calling 831-459-5034.